Today I talk to Dr Courtney Bright, Flight Operations Lead at UNSW Canberra Space, about their exciting M2 mission and how they’ll fly two satellites in formation - without any propulsion! Then there’s a mountain of Aussie space news, including two other cubesat launches.
More about the M2 mission:
- Binar-1 and CUAVA-1 blast off to the ISS - Cosmos Magazine
- Curtin University watching Binar-1’s launch
- CUAVA and its projects, May 2021 - Professor Iver Cairns - presentation to the National Space Society of Australia (video, 1h 32m)
- CUAVA-1 press release
- UNSW ACSER: Kea GPS hardware experiments
- CUAVA and Wolfpack Space Hub announce Waratah Seed payload competition
Launch services news:
- Southern Launch receives first commercial launch permit for TiSPACE sub-orbital test
- Gilmour Space partners with ExoLaunch on rideshares
Defence space news:
- UGL joins Airbus bid for JP9102 defence satellite communication system contract
- Defence includes space in their sovereign industrial capability priorities
Space startup news:
- HEO Robotics raises seed funding, led by British billionaire (disclosure: I am also an investor in HEO Robotics)
- Wolfpack Space Hub receives $500k funding to support space manufacturing startups
- Stone & Chalk information session for startups on ASA Trailblazer program (video, 53m)
- Tue 14 Sep at 4pm Adelaide time - “Venture Capital for Space”, with Bill Bartee from Main Sequence, and Enrico Palermo, Head of the Australian Space Agency.
- Wed 15 Sep - 12th Australian Space Forum at the Adelaide Convention Centre, or virtual attendance.
About the show:
- Visit our website for show notes and all our episodes: aussiespacecast.com.
- If you enjoyed Aussie Space Cast, please share and rate or review the show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
- Please also consider supporting the show via Patreon. Thanks very much to our existing patrons who support the show.
- Music is Afronauts by Crowander.
- Chapter images are copyright for their respective organisations.
- You can follow @AussieSpaceCast on Twitter or on LinkedIn.
- Please send any corrections, feedback or suggestions to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening!