Today Southern Launch are poised to launch Taiwan’s Hapith I as Australia’s first commercial space launch - a big milestone for the industry. In other news, a lunar rover collaboration kicks off with Japan, an asteroid has been named after an Aussie space archaeologist, and much more!
More about the Hapith I launch:
- Southern Launch mission overview (PDF)
- Hapith rocket on Gunter’s Space Page
- ABC News article: Australian Space Agency announces first commercial launch from Whalers Way
Space company news:
- iSpace partners with UTS and EXPLOR Space Technologies on a lunar mining rover with multipurpose arm
- Space Connect op-ed by Dr Alex Grant: Australia and Japan’s alliance key to space race success
- Myriota received investment from IAG’s venture capital arm, Firemark Ventures
- Ping case study: Saving wind farms half a billion dollars in maintenance costs
Follow-up on Waratah Seed:
- Tue 14 Sep at 4pm Adelaide time - “Venture Capital for Space”, with Bill Bartee from Main Sequence, and Enrico Palermo, Head of the Australian Space Agency.
- Wed 15 Sep - 12th Australian Space Forum at the Adelaide Convention Centre, or virtual attendance.
About the show:
- Visit our website for show notes and all our episodes: aussiespacecast.com.
- If you enjoyed Aussie Space Cast, please share and rate or review the show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
- Please also consider supporting the show via Patreon. Thanks very much to our existing patrons who support the show.
- Music is Afronauts by Crowander.
- Chapter images are copyright for their respective organisations.
- You can follow @AussieSpaceCast on Twitter or on LinkedIn.
- Please send any corrections, feedback or suggestions to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening!