It’s been almost three years since the Australian Space Agency was established. What have they done in this time? Learn all about it as we dive into the goals and activities of our new space agency. Plus the latest in Australian space industry news.
Sources for the space agency goals, strategy and activities:
- Strategy: Advancing Space: Australian Civil Space Strategy 2019-2028, Apr 2019. The relevant sections are:
- Status updates:
- Australian Space Agency news archive
- Two years successfully transforming the Australian space industry, Dr Megan Clark, 1 July 2020
- State of Space Report 2020, ASA, Dec 2020
- Economic snapshot of the Australian space sector, 2018-19, ASA, Feb 2021
Australian space industry news:
- 1 June - NZ signed the Artemis Accords
- 2 June - Fleet Space have completed commissioning their Centauri 3 satellite
- 2 June - ANU announced the MAVIS instrument to reduce atmospheric distortion for large ground-based telescopes
- 4 June - Australian Space Awards dinner was held in Sydney
Upcoming space events:
- 10 June - UNSW Canberra and RAAF panel discussion about their joint M2 mission
- 30 June - Sebastian Chaoui from Arlula presenting on satellite imagery
- 15 September - 12th Australian Space Forum to be held in Adelaide. Mark it in your calendar!
About the show:
- Visit our website for show notes and all our episodes: https://aussiespacecast.com.
- If you enjoyed Aussie Space Cast, please consider supporting the show.
- Music is Afronauts by Crowander.
- You can follow us on Twitter at @AussieSpaceCast.
- Please send any corrections or feedback to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening!