The Australian Space Agency announced an amazing 22 grants in the last few weeks. Who were they given to? What are they for? Find out all about them and all the latest Aussie space news in today’s episode.
Space agency grants:
- Supply Chain grants for Crystalaid Manufacture and Fleet Space, totalling $897,000
- Demonstrator Feasibility grants for 20 recipients (11 university and 9 corporate), totalling over $3.6M
New Aussie space podcasts/episodes:
- National Security Podcast: Avoiding a space race to the bottom: Australia as a middle space power
- Space Connect Podcast has been rebooted
Australian space industry news:
- 25 May - NSW government announced first Space Qualification Mission will be led by CUAVA
- 11 June - UNSW Canberra and RAAF hosted a panel to discuss joint M2 satellite mission (video: 1h 36m)
- 15 June - Inovor announced Australis, a new, larger class of satellite under development for Australian customers
- 16 June - SA budget includes $7.9M for Defence Innovation Partnership and $20M for expanding Lot Fourteen
- 17 June - Southern Launch granted approval by SA government for three test launches before the end of 2021
Upcoming space events:
- 26 June - SpaceX is launching Transporter-2 which will include Fleet’s Centauri 4 spacecraft.
- 30 June - Sebastian Chaoui from Arlula presenting on satellite imagery
- 15 September - 12th Australian Space Forum to be held in Adelaide. Mark it in your calendar!
About the show:
- Visit our website for show notes and all our episodes: https://aussiespacecast.com.
- If you enjoyed Aussie Space Cast, please consider supporting the show.
- Music is Afronauts by Crowander.
- You can follow us on Twitter at @AussieSpaceCast.
- Please send any corrections, feedback or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening!