Gilmour Space, a Gold Coast rocket company, just received a massive $61M in funding. Today we’ll look at the evolving global launch industry, how Gilmour Space fits in, and what they’ll be doing with the funding. We’ve also got a bunch of exciting Aussie space news to round up.
Global launch industry evolution:
- Launch service providers
- Countries who have launched to orbit
- SpaceX rideshare program
- List of small satellite launchers
- Space launch market competition, including table of estimated payload costs
Gilmour Space Technologies:
- Company website
- Three stage Eris rocket
- Proposed Abbot Point launch site
- Engine test videos:
- Funding history
- Defence Industrial Capability Plan 2018 covers the rationale for more Australian defence sovereign capabilities
Australian space industry news:
- 28 June - Boeing adds Leidos Australia, Viasat and Idigenous Defence and Infrastructure Consortium (IDIC) to its bid for $3B Australian defence satellite contract, JP9102.
- 30 June - Gilmour Space raised $61M, the largest investment ever in an Australian space company.
- 1 July - SpaceX’s Transporter-2 mission launched, including Centauri 4 satellite for Fleet.
- 1 July - Spiral Blue launched their first hardware aboard Virgin Orbit’s “Tubular Bells, Part One” flight.
- 1 July - Australian Space Agency to pursue a Technology Safeguards Agreement (TSA) between the US and Australia, and will postpone cost recovery on launch activities until July 2022.
- 6 July - Space companies land four grants worth $13.8M under the Federal government’s Modern Manufacturing Initiative.
About the show:
- Visit our website for show notes and all our episodes: https://aussiespacecast.com.
- If you enjoyed Aussie Space Cast, please consider supporting the show.
- Music is Afronauts by Crowander.
- Chapter images are copyright for their respective organisations.
- You can follow us on Twitter at @AussieSpaceCast.
- Please send any corrections, feedback or suggestions to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening!