Troy McCann, founder and CEO of Moonshot, talks about space startups, Moonshot’s recent funding from the federal government, developing the Australian space industry, and much more. We also cover the latest in Aussie space industry news.
More about Moonshot:
- Company website
- Startups and Investors/Mentors
- Recent funding by the federal government, made under the incubator support program
- The Moonshot model, including the “Space Elevator”
- Register to join the Moonshooter Showcase on 6 August
Australian space industry news:
- 17 June - Australian Space Agency granted $2.5M to a group led by ANU to
develop spacecraft testing facilities in Canberra
- Space Australia article on what this means and why it is important
- 10 July - SpaceX CRS-22 returned cargo from the ISS, including a packet of wattle seeds sent up by One Giant Leap Australia. What’ll happen to the wattle?
- 12 July - Moonshot announced they have received $250,000 in matched funding for their space startup accelerator.
- 13 July - UNSW and Wolfpack Space Hub share access to equipment and mentor networks for space startups
- 14 July - Australian Space Agency have granted a second license to Southern Launch for test suborbital launches from Whalers Way.
About the show:
- Visit our website for show notes and all our episodes: https://aussiespacecast.com.
- If you enjoyed Aussie Space Cast, please consider supporting the show.
- Music is Afronauts by Crowander.
- Chapter images are copyright for their respective organisations.
- You can follow us on Twitter at @AussieSpaceCast.
- Please send any corrections, feedback or suggestions to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening!